" />

Learn English and Spanish Online

To have another language is to possess a second soul. Charlemagne

Forum, Lessons & Games

Forum Home > MAKE A SENTENCE with the English word of the Week > ENGLISH Word of the week - foreign

thelanguagetutors
Site Owner

ENGLISH WOTW

- Word of the Week -

Welcome to the 'Word of the Week' - this thread is designed to help increase yourvocabulary and to learn how to use English words in sentences.

HOW TO PLAY:

1.   Click on the 'Post Reply' tab above to open up a posting box.

2.   Type  a sentence in English into the box including the word of the day, feel free to colour your text or to add pictures to your post!

3.   Click 'submit' when you've finished.

(NB  you can also the 'Post' box below to post and answer and click 'Post Reply' when you've finished -  but this box doesn't have all the formatting tools available. You need to use the 'Post Reply' box at the top left for that :))

4.     Your sentences will then be corrected and comments provided by 'The Language Tutors' to help you improve your English and to learn native sentence construction.

THIS WEEK'S WORD OF THE WEEK

for·eign [fawr-in]   (adjective)

Meaning:  from, or to do with, another country or nation; not native: foreign cars, foreign affairs, foreign trade

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE POST . . .

Word of the day:   foreign

I love learning to speak a foreign language.

June 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joel Diliegros

I like to speak with foreigns people

Nice work Joel - well done remembering to add the noun (people) after foreign so that your sentence makes sense.  Just one small error, you just have an extra 's' in there:

I like to speak with foreign people.  :)

Excelente, ¡sigue así!  - The Language Tutors

June 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.